Top Tips On How To Avoid Back Pain
Head of Practice at Teddington Osteopaths, Stuart Walker, graduated from the British School of Osteopathy (BSO) and is a BackCare Professional Member. He leads the team of Janet Bell, Ceira Kinch and Dominic Malone, all of whom are fully registered with the General Osteopathic Council.
Here are their top tips for avoiding back pain:
- For back pain, better to see your osteopath earlier rather than later. Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment can help to prevent long term problems.
- Taking regular exercise can help with back pain – your osteopath can say what exercise is right for you.
- Spending hours in one position can cause problems – avoid ‘computer hump’ and ‘text neck’.
- During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks.
- Adjust car seats and, on long journeys, take regular breaks to stretch.
- Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening – don’t risk a disc.
- Watch children’s posture – carrying heavy school bags on one shoulder can cause long term damage and back pain.
- During pregnancy, osteopathy can help your body to adjust to changes.
- Avoid strain when lifting, particularly when lifting children, shopping and moving furniture.
- Seek further advice on good back care from your osteopath.
At Teddington Osteopaths our dedicated team are always at hand to answer your queries or concerns regarding back pain. If you would like to speak to one of our osteopaths or to make an appointment call our reception team on Tel: 020 8977 3295.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/teddingtonosteopaths.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/teddingtonosteo/single.php on line 23