Foot Health Check for Children
Good foot health is important at any age but checking feet and taking care of them from a young age can help to prevent serious problems from occurring as a child grows and develops.
To that end we are launching our Foot Health Check for Children. Our podiatrist will take the child’s medical history and complete a physical examination, offer advice and treat if appropriate. Our podiatrist will look at areas such as:
- Gait analysis and biomechanical assessment
- Joint flexibility
- Foot and leg muscle strength
- Balance, co-ordination & pelvic stability
- Leg length discrepancy
- Nails (any signs of ingrowing toe nail, nail deformity, fungal nails, etc)
- Footwear advice, and so on.
The foot health check is available for children between the ages of 3 and 16 and is suitable for any child, however, it might be particularly beneficial for:
- children who are complaining of foot pain or
- where a parent has identified a potential foot problem or has a concern
- children who are about to start school
- after a child has had a growth spurt or during puberty
- a child who plays regular sport, and so on.
You are invited to bring along a couple of pairs of the child’s shoes to identify potential problems and for footwear advice.
To make an appointment with our Podiatrist, Trish Lucas, please call us on 020 8977 3295.