What is Acupuncture
Acupuncture is one of the many and varied therapies of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). It involves the insertion of ultra-fine needles into certain locations to stimulate the body’s own healing energy or ‘Qi’. Once viewed as very mysterious, and poorly understood in the western world, acupuncture is fast becoming recognised the world over as a safe and reliable method of treatment for a great many conditions.
How it works
Acupuncture has been shown to raise the levels of specific hormones, prostaglandins, white blood cells, gamma-globulins and anti-bodies generally. The ‘Endorphin’ theory explains how acupuncture can stimulate its own pain killers and ‘feel good’ chemicals – endorphins. Other ‘modern’ theories involve the central nervous system, the cardiovascular system and others.
We also offer Moxibustion, TuiNa massage and Cupping. For more information please contact us on 020 8977 3295.
How can Acupuncture help me?
Acupuncture can help to treat a variety of conditions, including :
- improving the symptoms of overactive bladder syndrome
- relieving tension type headaches
- relieving migraine headache
- relieving chronic low back pain
- relieving neck pain or chronic neck pain
- relieving temporomandibular (TMD/TMJ) pain
- treating osteoarthritic knee pain